Saturday, January 7, 2012

Tehelka ho gaya.

Tehelka released their fourth fiction issue on romance, Volume 09, Issue 01. I got the opportunity of doing a few illustrations for KR Meera's story titled as 'The Hangman'. You can read the story here. To suit the mood of the story I worked on sombre and grim looking illustrations with felt tip pens and photo inks. I hadn't tried doing realistic drawings in a while but with a few roughs I managed to acquire the required style. I picked up my copy of the magazine yesterday and now waiting to go though the whole issue. On the sidelines, I got hold of the 'The Caravan' magazine which features Joe Sacco's pages on Kushinagar, Uttar Pradesh. This week is going to be immersed in magazine reading.







3 comments:

  1. I do remember you doing these drawings...look nice and attract all the more now...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this illo in the magazine and it looks beautiful! looks really good in print :)

    ReplyDelete